Is me/cfs a blood disorder?

SNT Gatchaman

do microclots address why there is widespread collagen breakdown and issues with connective tissues?
This may be the opposite side of the question you're asking. But some platelet receptors involve collagen - I think the idea being that when exposed to collagen from damaged endothelium, they activate, to promote clot formation.

Presumably EDS collagen either has more receptor affinity or has more opportunity to activate platelets via these receptors. That could explain the association between EDS and ME / POTS etc.

Oliver3

This may be the opposite side of the question you're asking. But some platelet receptors involve collagen - I think the idea being that when exposed to collagen from damaged endothelium, they activate, to promote clot formation.

Presumably EDS collagen either has more receptor affinity or has more opportunity to activate platelets via these receptors. That could explain the association between EDS and ME / POTS etc.
Ive been thinking how much regenerative medicine, crisper and stem cells will play in our recovery..
Has anyone seen the work of Liz Parrish. She's trying to stop her son's type one diabetes so has become patient zero. She's 50 but has readded muscle, relengthened her telomeres and brought her body state biomarkers back to that of a 25 year old. Thinning the blood is one thing but there's been a lot of damage done too I presume

Oliver3

A topical subject. Your contribution to the discussion might be to post old research on this subject, or to tell us about your own experiences of using things like blood thinners ect. Maybe you have a theory.
This is interesting. Suramin has bee.n shown to help with blood clots in long covid patients. Pine bark extract helps. I can actually recommend a good brand

junkcrap50

Does anyone know where there is a brief summary of all coagubility/vascular issues and research found in ME/CFS? I vaguely know, mostly just Dr. Simpson's RBC deformability & David Berg's tests, but other than that I couldn't say which tests are abnormal in me/cfs.

Last edited:
I've never really been able to relate to the cold hands and feet thing, is it really that common in me/cfs ? its about 5c outside and I feel really cold this morning, fingers especially, even though it says its 20c in my room, and I feel too tired to go out today, but it could just mean I have a fever. The thing Dr Davis is making seems like it could be useful, maybe he is also interested in this angle of inquiry, if thats true then he was quick on the uptake.