• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is it possible to get intramuscular injections of B5?

I take 1000mcg of Methylcobalamin injected daily (for an iron issue) but have a history of poor vitamin B5 status that doesn't seem to necessarily respond to oral supplementation.

Interestingly enough in monitoring my basal temps to determine my thyroid dose effectiveness, I noticed a marked improvement temps (basically going from sub-optimal to optimal) after taking a B-complex intramuscular injection with 1mg Pantothenic Acid in it.

That got me wondering if it was possible or even feasible to get B5 injections by themselves?

LINE

Perhaps there is a malabsorption issue in the gut? Any signs of IBS? I see several sites that indicate it is injectable, the injectable form is known as dexpanthenol

I use 2g of of pantothenic acid and some 400mg of the more expensive pantethine per day. Has been used up to 10g per day (http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1997/articles/1997-v12n02-p099.shtml)

I take 600mg of Pantethine & 2-5g of Pantothenic acid.

Perhaps there is a malabsorption issue in the gut? Any signs of IBS? I see several sites that indicate it is injectable, the injectable form is known as dexpanthenol

No IBS issues, but I notice I start having the GI issues (heartburn included) from the high doses before getting to the effective dose.

Thanks for letting me know the name of an injectable form... That's not the most readily available info. I have seen that they use Pantothenic acid and Pantethine forms in injections as part of studies. The B complex injection I take has the Pantothenic acid form, but I can't find it isolated.

Last edited:

Peyt

This post dates back to 2019, and it's surprising that there are still no injectable forms of pantothenic acid available, at least not in California. Additionally, the capsule forms of pantothenic acid contain Calcium, leading to severe constipation for me.
I have heard of a injection called dexpanthenol but it is not available here in California. Does anyone know of a compounding pharmacy that might carry dexpanthenol???