• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome caused by MCAS? New report.

Reading_Steiner

Do you this this is indicative of MCAS ? I took it in the first year of coming down with me/cfs when I was severe, I also had extreme light sensitivity at the time and couldn't bear to look out a window. Since then I had multiple chemical sensitivity that has gotten worse over the years.

Lately what happens is if im close to crashing or if I'm exposed to certain chemicals, I feel a change in my stomach which feels like tension or anxiety and I also start to bloat up with gas, it happens nearly immediately which is the peculiar thing. I can sense bleach from the other side of the house with the door closed, black mould can give me a prickly throat / fever etc, but the worst one I am still figuring out ( its something in wooden chairs, their cushions or most recently a picture frame, so possibly wood paint ), I've figured out that aside from the stomach thing it also disrupts my nerves in some way, I feel less conscious and my muscles feel twitchy and unprecise, walked into a door frame today because of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 16

MCASMike

Reading_Steiner, I have had all those symptoms at different times over the last couple of decades, but for all I know that could just be common contact dermatitis. I think the key thing to do, if you are not going to get the MCAS testing done, is to read Afrin's book or similar advice online, and try the basic MCAS protocol, perhaps adding some of the supplements that seem promising a few weeks later, and see what happens (unless you have no MCAS symptoms now). The wood issue could be varnish, formaldehyde, or of course something else.