• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Irmat vs. Gideon Pharmacy for Low Dose Naltrexone in NYC?

Y

yussdov

anybody have any experience with these two pharmacies? both are endorsed on the LDN webpage, but irmat is $38/month and gideon is $15/month. wondering if there is really a difference.

ideas or experience to share on this matte would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Diva55

anybody have any experience with these two pharmacies? both are endorsed on the LDN webpage, but irmat is $38/month and gideon is $15/month. wondering if there is really a difference.

thanks.
I have no experience of these 2 pharmacies as I'm in the UK. I think the pricing depends on how much LDN the pharmacy is turning over. The more they turn over the lower the cost.

For example in the UK I was quoted as a cost to our health service 300 per month from a pharmacist who I think would only compound it for me. But getting it from Dickson's Pharmacy where they dispense all over the world the cost is 15 per month for the liquid. So a huge difference in price dependant on their turnover of LDN.

It could also be a difference in LDN formulation. The liquid is cheaper than the capsules - capsules at Dickson's are 27 per month. They may also compound at different doses and therefore their prices could be different.

So worth contacting them and asking their pricing structure for the liquid & capsules.

citybug

Dr. Bihari wanted me to get it from Irmat as opposed to a cheaper place. (I'm not currently on it. When I was my nk function went from 10 to 21).

Diva55

Hi
I had a look at http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/index.htm#How_can_I_obtain_LDN
and this is what they say about the 2 pharmacies:

One of the first pharmacies to compound LDN was Irmat Pharmacy in Manhattan. Their recent price for a one-month's supply of 4.5mg LDN (30 capsules) was $38. Irmat does monthly quality control testing on its LDN, accepts prescriptions from any licensed physician, checks for insurance coverage, and includes shipment anywhere in the US or to other countries. In contrast, Gideons Drugs charges only $15 for a one months supply of 4.5mg LDN but it does not accept insurance and it will charge for shipment

So the difference appears to be that Gideon although cheaper for LDN charge shipping and don't accept insurance. Also Irmat do montlhy quality control although it doesn't state what that entails.

thanks.