• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Iodine topical absorption

fishboy9320

I tried some iodine rubbed it on a vein and maybe it is placebo but I think I felt my thyroid get slighter warmer. But I also feel dizzy and tired (which can make you feel depressed) after as well but at the same time I feel like I am on coffee (which I don't drink because it has little to no effect on me because I am unhealthy). Anyone else have experience with Iodine and what side effects did you get? For your information I do have low thyroid levels (Hypothyroidism).
And I smell better and I feel like my skin kind of glows now. I think I am going trough a detox so I am taking Vitamin C to ease the process.

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

Anyone else have experience with Iodine and what side effects did you get? For your information I do have low thyroid levels (Hypothyroidism).
I'm hypothyroid as well. I take iodine in tablet form and am careful to keep the amount in the lower range ..... I also take it early in the day, becasue sometimes it does seem to be an energizer or sorts.

What kind of iodine are you using, externally?