• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interview with Dr. Tompkins by Gez Medinger

perrier

Hope my link works. This is a very recent interview with Dr.Tompkins. Gez Medinger, (LC patient) poses brilliant questions, one after another. Good overview of what is going on in ME.

Discouraging: that Dr. Tompkins says there is only 10% advancement on this disease thus far. Very heartbreaking.

My hope: that LC researchers and money move things forward faster.

PS: when asked by Gez about microclots, the response was that haematologists have not taken an interest in ME: so we do not know.

ljimbo423

Hope my link works.

The link works fine. Thank you for posting this. What a really interesting interview! They touched on many different aspects of both Long Covid and ME/CFS.

Dr. Tompkins thinks Long Covid and ME/CFS are different expressions of the same illness. If they are, the ongoing LC research should benefit us too.

Diwi9

Administrator
I really wish that Dr. Tompkins had been able to answer the question (paraphrased), "What research would you do with say a large donation from a potential benefactor like Elon Musk?" Such a wasted opportunity to make a sales pitch. One never knows who is watching a program, perhaps a potential big money donor who is inspired by one's commitment and vision.

lenora

Excellent interview @perrier.....thank-you. Also thanks to the LC patient, Gez for his questions that made so much sense.

Why do we have this tremendous stigma still attached to us? Looking back over 35 yrs. at what was going on, I honestly feel the U.S. govt (and that of other countries) simply didn't want to deal with one more immune problem. AIDS was in full force and we were at best, ignored. As a matter of fact, we may have come out better if we had been ignored for say, 10 years.

There seems to be built-up animosity towards us. I understand the reluctance of some LH patients to want to join forces with us, but at the same time we have more going for us then we ever had. True, 10% doesn't sound like much, but when you look at the many broad studies going on, it's certainly better than anywhere we've ever been.

I think one of our basic problems is our symptoms: We have to ask....How is it possible that one person can have so many symptoms? It's often overwhelming yet these symptoms exist for so many of us. As we get older, I know that I've seen nothing but one thing piled on top of another and another, etc.

So most of the money given by the NIH will go for more questionnaires? Good going, huh? Yours, Lenora.