• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Intense flare after smoking marijuana (Dabbing)

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
I tried a dab pen for the first time last night and I had an awful experience. The high lasted for over 7 hours, I was freaking out that I was going to stay high forever at that point but the high finally wore off and I went to sleep thinking it would be better by the time i woke up.

Fast forward to the next day, I woke up still in kind of a haze feeling detached and spaced out. This is the same type of derealization that I get when I'm in a flare from autoimmune encephalitis or if I overdo it mentally or physically. I'm now back to square one in terms of my debilitating derealization that I dealt with a couple years ago.

I guess my question is; Is it possible that this could be just residual from the dab and it will fade eventually or did this cause me to go into another flare?

bensmith

Yes my hppd was remission or a 1. Then abilify flaired to a...i guess 5. Or 4. My overall cfs is garbage though.

My cfs is 0 and continues decline.

bensmith

Distract myself. Which makes my cfs worse but yeah. Anxiety makes mine worse too.

Agreed almost nothing worse than dr.

Tammy

This happened to me several times after smoking just a little. The negative feeling was not permanent and didn't last but a few days. I'm hoping the same for you.

stefanosstef

No neurotoxicity or other reasons to think this will cause a long term flare. It's strange for the high to last that long from inhaling ROA. Probably the dose was huge and you have after effects, it's normal and it will pass.I think after 2 nights of sleep it should be over, just don't freak out about it.

lenora

@crypt0cu1t ......noticed that you have Autoimmune Encephalitis, something I was diagnosed with this past January. I would like to compare symptoms, if you're interested. I have also been having epileptic seizures which are controlled by high doses of Keppra.

On the other hand, if the seizures aren't controlled, I tend to be unconscious for approx. 2 days. Just wondering about your symptoms and what the doctor(s) told you the cause of AE was? I hope you're doing well.

Yours,

Lenora.