• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Insurance companies claiming ME/CFS is psychiatric

Daisymay

Has anyone diagnosed with ME/CFS in the UK ever had a problem (either a real battle or rejection) getting their income protection claim from Friends Provident or Liverpool Victoria insurance companies because they've insisted that ME/CFS is a psychiatric/functiona...l disorder?

If so would you be willing to discuss it with us, and confirm it in writing? Feel free to contact me backchannel.

Daisymay

Lots of PWME have problems with insurance conpanies but we have evidence that there are significant problems with these two companies in particular and would like to take it further if possible, but to do so we need people who have had problems with LV or FD to come forward so please if anyone can help with this send me a private message.

Thanks,

Daisymay

Lots of PWME have problems with insurance conpanies but we have evidence that there are significant problems with these two companies in particular and would like to take it further if possible, but to do so we need people who have had problems with LV or FD to come forward so please if anyone can help with this send me a private message.

Thanks,

Daisymay

Hi Daisymay

I've had a decline letter today from LV regarding my Income Protection claim (I've M.E.). I was turned down but not for a psychiatrical reason. It won't let me message you privately on it. Could you message me instead to discuss further?

Thanks

Caroline