• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Insights into ME/CFS phenotypes through comprehensive metabolomics (Lipkin, Hornig)

Tom Kindlon

Which is preferable to take - L-carnitine or acetyl l-carnitine?
Results: Clinical global impression of change after treatment showed considerable improvement in 59% of the patients in the acetylcarnitine group and 63% in the propionylcarnitine group, but less in the acetylcarnitine plus propionylcarnitine group (37%). Acetylcarnitine significantly improved mental fatigue ( p = .015) and propionylcarnitine improved general fatigue ( p = .004). Attention concentration improved in all groups, whereas pain complaints did not decrease in any group.
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.502.994&rep=rep1&type=pdf

aquariusgirl

[QUOTE="SherDa I think I could probably write a short manifesto on the importance of iron in human metabolism.[/QUOTE]

Pls share what you have found to help w/iron.

I don’t want to supplement directly...

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
I don't get it, are Lipkin and Hornig working together right now? what about the issue of sexual abuse claims? Maybe it's not the right place to ask, but what happened to the "Microbe discovery project", and also equally importantly, to the 1 million+ dollars that where raised form donors? will that money be put to any good use or will it just be eaten by somebody? I'm really confused about this issue

Quote from the paper
Many ME/CFS patients in our cohort take vitamin B supplements (26/50, 52%) that have the potential to increase levels of pantothenic acid. Use of vitamin B supplements was associated with higher levels of pantothenic acid and lower fatigue scores