• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inflammation pain

Nanni

I’m not sure if this will be helpful for a lot of people. We all seem to have such individual symptoms. I have pretty intense all over pain and have a lot of stomach problems. I’ve discovered that the pain inflammation condition produces spasms that keep the cycle of pain going. I found a very small amount of lorazepam helped my stomach pain in the morning and eased the all over pain. I’ve been doing magnesium oil off and on for awhile and it helps some but not dramatically until recently when I started putting it on every hour. Wow, yesterday I almost felt normal. But I have to put it on that often or even every 15 minutes for an hour to get the help I need. I think anyone should talk to their doctor before trying this but so far it’s been pretty helpful.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
The only thing is if doctors start saying they won't write the Rx medication like lorazepam then a patient can be up a creek w/o a paddle. (They're already doing that now with opioids and antibiotics too to some degree.)

My chiropractor had a patient in his 70s who had been using it (or something similar) for years. His old doctor retired. His new doctor wouldn't renew the Rx...not even enough to wean off safely. My chiropractor said his patient was just about going out of his mind from the withdrawal.

Plus, we had a member here who was having a problem getting Clonazepam. She thought they put some type of flag on her medical file and no one would prescribe them for her anymore. :(

Anyway, I'm not trying to make you feel badly about using them. If you need them you do, but at least try to formulate a back up plan in case the government/media decide we're having a benzo epidemic and all of a sudden the supply dries up because doctors are worried about losing their licenses if they prescribe them.

Nanni

The lorazepam is a bandaid while I continue to get well. I’m trying to treat what’s causing the spasms. I was convinced to try lorazepam by my doctor because i would get really bad attacks. It’s sent me to the er. . I’ve tried drinking ginger, rubbing on magnesium oil, even medical marijuana. Any suggestions ?

perchance dreamer

Something that helps my inflammation is the Magnetic Pulser from Sota, a Canadian company. It's a PEMF device you apply with a paddle. This makes it difficult to use on the back, but it has really helped me with knee and foot pain.

For supplements, I use either the Meriva form of curcumin, Orthomolecular Turiva, or Premier Research Tumeric.