• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inflamed Nerves

Carrigon

I'm in so much pain. I have inflamed nerves in my left hand, all night. I've often thought when I get this it's an HHV6 flare up of some kind. It's like shingles pain. Hurts! I haven't taken anything yet for the pain tonight. I've been hoping it would just go away, but it's not. It's from the wrist down, the whole thing hurts. :(

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
So sorry Carrigon. I think nerve pain is the worst. I usually get it in my feet. I don't have any solutions for you I'm afraid. I'm going to try Capsaicin again (there's a thread about that) and hope that will help me, but that won't do you any good tonight. Hope someone else is up and can offer you a suggestion.

Carrigon

I caved in and took the pain killer and it's working on it, finally. My doc gave me a combo of butalbital and tylenol. The butalbital works on the nerve pain, it's just it makes you a zombie for at least a day, so I try not to take it often.