• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inaugural Harvard Symposium Videos Available

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

The Harvard Collaboration Research presentations are now available:

Tocq_jpLnd-dCvxKHzsxwmvp0QJ_hAFqJKB1Bl-Ek0kLzjzQyBcJCsus1E99yTjkwYjs67JX6_9RcOfHiwuQhHKrn6PD6Yc5o4nZlkbVA7NkfKNwws0ueEF_tsZrtL2nREnorGCgOzFGBQlxZtwZJp7oha3vAh4Xf0UZeyVnJNj1NN_zTKflEXYlkGEgyshDBEpSvpk8hbPaiWA=s0-d-e1-ft

wrxLIxOz6y2sPYjaqi5BeejFxn3oP6-AJutB3v9Rp7NFhQtm5md5DRwxoYSRMdm7auRmXWVUhQMxdVMw6peE2CJyvtFd1StLZnp33RkwXWULiR0tR3NMQlGbvBdlKb3f6kXN9k01CMLWwjw=s0-d-e1-ft

Harvard Collaboration Research Presentations Now Available

Recordings of individual presentations from the OMF-funded Inaugural Harvard ME/CFS Collaboration Symposium "Finding Clarity" Community Day are now available. Please take the time to view the recordings here.

Symposium presentations included a clinician panel featuring Dr. Amel Karaa, Dr. Anthony Komaroff, and Dr. Donna Felsenstein and individual presentations by Dr. Michael VanElzakker, Dr. Ron Davis, Dr. Maureen Hanson, and Dr. Wenzhong Xiao. Introductory, overview and summary remarks were made by OMF Founder & CEO/President, Linda Tannenbaum and Dr. Ron Tompkins. View all recordings here.

For your reference, the symposium agenda and speaker bios are available here.

A comprehensive symposium summary, written by Dr. Chris Armstrong, is available here: The ME/CFS Harvard Collaboration building momentum.

Hope you enjoy,

B

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @AshleyHalcyoneH @ChrisArmstrong @marilynbsg

ljimbo423

Wenzhong Xiao Presents at the Inaugural Harvard Symposium - Open Data Sharing for ME/CFS Research-

The reddish colors show a positive correlation and the blue shows a negative correlation.

The first box in the cortisol row shows a very heavy correlation of cortisol to "vitality, energy and fatigue"(at the bottom of the slide), because it's dark red. Maybe why so many of us feel better on low dose cortisol.
1562088475944.png

starlily88

Thanks to Murph for posting this. I was quite impressed with Dr. Ron Davis's work. He is right when he said that he can't present a "hypothesis" to NIH without observing first, thus they turned him down cold for any money. I wonder how many times they turned down HIV/AIDS researchers. I am amazed that these people have gone on to discover some meaningful differences between us and them. Thanks so much Starlily88

Sing

I was interested in vanElzakker’s talk because I have thought for years that my ME/CFS—if there is one place in the body I could point to—would be the lower back of my head = brain stem. Could someone remind me of the other researcher—perhaps one of our Scandinavians—who is finding problems with the brain stem?