• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In memory of Jim Ellsworth, aka jimells

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I have just learned of the death of our wonderful contributor @jimells, who campaigned so much for ME.

He died on October 16th 2022, but I've only just found out from this post on Science for ME:

https://www.s4me.info/threads/james-robert-ellsworth-jimells.32078/

Maybe others would like to pay their respects, plant trees, or whatever they think appropriate.

He is a hard act to follow.

Gingergrrl

@MeSci Thank you for letting us know and I remember @jimells. He was a great advocate and always had an interesting perspective to share. I remembering chatting with him here on PR from 2014 to 2017 and then I think he stopped posting? I believe that he is at peace now and may his memory be a blessing to all who knew him :angel:

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
@MeSci Thank you for letting us know and I remember @jimells. He was a great advocate and always had an interesting perspective to share. I remembering chatting with him here on PR from 2014 to 2017 and then I think he stopped posting? I believe that he is at peace now and may his memory be a blessing to all who knew him :angel:
Hi, @Gingergrrl.

His last post here was on Jun 16, 2018, post 24 in (Video) OMF Scientific Advisory Board Member Mark Davis, PhD, Presents An Update on ME/CFS Research

He went on to post on a few other places including https://trialbyerror.elsewhere.org/...r-on-long-covid-and-somatic-symptom-disorder/ where he posted about his cancer.