• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Frantisek Rajtoral

Frantisek Rajtoral who is a Czech soccer player commited suicide last week . He had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. He was playing for Gaziantepspor in Turkey. He did not leave a note but I think the reason is CFS ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/3400186/frantisek-rajtoral-dead-apparent-suicide/

314xufn.jpg

Last edited:
Where does it say he had CFS? I've read he suffered from depression.

Yes, wikipedia says.

I am not surprising you read he suffered from depression. Because media and most of doctors don't believe there is a serious disease called CFS. Reason of depression is more acceptable for them. How can we tell them depression can be a result of this disease.

According to Wikipedia he was diagnosed with CFS in 2008 and then had a relapse in 2014.
The Czech news apparently is giving CFS as the why to his actions. I wish I spoke Czech or knew how to use Google translate so I could get a better understanding. Apparently they go into more detail.

RIP.

Tuha

I dont want to make doubts about his diagnosis but I think it´s not sure that he had CFS. I think you cannot be a professional sportman with this diagnosis. I know it from my own experiences. I was a professional football player but I had to stop it after few weeks after I got CFS and I have to say that my CFS wasnt that bad during the first 8 years - I worked full-time but to do sport was impossible. You would collapse because your muscle and heart weakness dont allow it.
I also read many czech articles about this sad story and they all mix the terms CFS, chronic fatigue, depression,..
So we would need more informations if he really had CFS but anyway it´s a sad story. In czech republic there is no doctor who is expert in CFS and the authorities and medical guidelines even dont recognise CFS.