• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Bevan Jeffery (beaverfury)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
beaverfury.png

From: Lyme Australia Recognition & Awareness (http://whatislyme.com/bevan-jeffery/)

It is with great sadness that I pass on the information that on the 25th of February, 2015, the constant battle with illness and the fear of perhaps never being able to overcome Lyme and return to a healthy life simply became too overwhelming for Bevan Jeffery of Western Australia.

Bevan’s family will be holding a private funeral ceremony for him of the 9th of March commencing at 11:00am Western Australia time. (9am QLD time, 10am NSW time). Please send Bevan, and his loved ones your wishes for peace and strength to get through the tough times ahead at this time.

More on Bevan from Kate Daniels: Bevan Jeffery, 44, of Manjimup in Western Australia. Bevan was a very special human being, a much-loved family member and friend to many, a lover of classical music and a very talented artist. His passing is a huge loss and has rocked the local community.

Thank you to Kate for the above words about Bevan, and for passing on messages of condolences to his family and friends, and also for liaising with them as to the most appropriate time to make the passing of Bevan public. The link to Bevan’s blog – with an updated blog description shortly before his death appears to be his farewell message.http://beaverfury.com/about/

The picture of the almond tree attached to this post is from Bevan’s collection of art on his blog.

11013182_422772014552902_5731796800373656777_n.jpg

Attachments

• beaverfury.png
    beaverfury.png
    224.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I was so heart broken when I heard this news. Beaverfury contributed so much heart and creativity to this forum. His posts got right to the heart of difficult issues and I think he often spoke for all of us. I, personally, will miss him so very much.

Here is an excerpt from his blog:

Now I am back to 60-80% recovered but...
It’s a reduced existence. Trying to find meaning in this new body, which can’t do what it once could, is very tricky.
I can’t help waiting for medical science to find the underpinnings of this disease so that future suffering may be prevented for many people.

In the meantime, God bless all us Lymies and ME/CFS patients, and thanks to all my friends and family who have helped me survive.

And from one of his posts in his thread: Girlfriend. Gone
Guess what?.. In spite of my studied flippancy.....and the flaws in the relationship..... I am devastated. I had no idea I would feel this lost. Not even a pet salamander can cover this.

In many ways she was my cure in the absence of an actual cure. She made my life with me/cfs bearable.
My future feels kind of bleak. I don't have the health to get out there and at them again. Especially not someone like her.

I am so not the person I was just five years ago. I feel like I had only 20% of me available to deal with this relationship, and that 20% stuffed things up.
Some things you only get one shot at in life. That's probably me done for marriage and kids in this life unless they miraculously find a cure, which I don't believe will happen in the next decade.
I'm 44 now anyway, so... oh, shut up beaver

Dear Bevan Jeffery, Rest in Peace.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
So very sad and sorry to hear this awful news about the death of Beaverfury.
He will be so missed by many people here. Just shocked at this news - not another unnecessary death.

Thinking of his family and close friends right now. What a lovely picture of him too - what a handsome guy and a lovey smile.