• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Im looking into adaptogens again.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Are there actual informational sites on how adaptogens and herbs actually work instead of the same dribble eg siberian ginseng, grows to 10ft hi in cold climates of siberia. It can Improve stamina and Russia athletes and Cosmonauts use them to maintain stamina and focus. Local siberian tree choppers take this herb to stop them get sick so it's good for the immune system. Rubbish like that I'm over.
Something that says it appears in rodent studies ginseng increase dopamine and this increases mood and focus. Studies show it stimulates bone marrow production so can increase red blood cells if need and will also increase endurance or it can increase white blood cell counts so can help treat infections.

Something along these lines with references not a sale pitch.

Cheers.
Im too bugger now after writing a sale pitch🤣🤣🤣

hapl808

I'm interested in this as well. Especially since I get so much PEM and reflux from phone calls, etc. So I wonder if there's an adaptogen that might lessen that reaction.

Violeta

Effects of Adaptogens on the Central Nervous System and the Molecular Mechanisms Associated with Their Stress-Protective Activity

It was discovered that the stress-protective activity of adaptogens was associated with regulation of homeostasis via several mechanisms of action, which was linked with the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and the regulation of key mediators of stress response, such as molecular chaperons (e.g., HSP70), stress-activated c-Jun N-terminal protein kinase 1 (JNK1), Forkhead box O (FOXO) transcription factor DAF-16, cortisol and nitric oxide.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27713248/

pattismith

rhodiola rosea
ashwagandha
(I plan to try these two)

Verbena citrifolia
Bacopa monieri
Macis

(I currently take these three herbs and find them useful)

Last edited:

heapsreal

rodiola rosea
ashwagandha
(I plan to try these two)

Vebena citrifolia
Bacopa monieri
Macis

(I currently take these three herbs and find them useful)

I have a few things I'm interested. Was going to add Kelp which can help with thyroid function and Licorice to start with then look at adding things 1 by 1 like rhodiola, siberian ginseng, withania/ashwagandha at night. I already use astragalus and will eventually add a mushroom complex with reishi, shiitake and Miatake.

I have a few others on my list but will add some and take some out depending on how I feel.

heapsreal

Rhodiola made my ME symptoms much worse. Tastes nasty too. :yuck:
It will be in a capsule when I try it. I think alot of adaptogens and adrenal treatments are quite tame for normal people but for mecfsers we have to start with less and go from there.
Rhodiola is one I haven't used buy will leave it towards the end. Siberian ginseng is quite tame for me so maybe after a few months on it I might try Rhodiola??