• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I'm in shock...

Frickly

I sent an email to my representatives and got the usual form letters back about how they are working hard on health care reform, ect. (I really didn't expect much else). Today I got an email that addressed my concern regarding CFS research funding specifically.

Dear Ms.:

Thank you for contacting my office. As you may know, I have supported efforts to increase the resources the federal government devotes to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. As the House of Representatives works through the appropriations process, I will look for opportunities to increase funding for research on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Again, thank you for contacting my office.

Sincerely,

Ron Paul

And, no, I was not aware that he has "supported efforts to increase the resources the federal government devotes to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome". I will have to look in to that. What a nice change from the irritating form letters. It is also a nice that someone actually read it.

Frickly

I sent an email to my representatives and got the usual form letters back about how they are working hard on health care reform, ect. (I really didn't expect much else). Today I got an email that addressed my concern regarding CFS research funding specifically.

Dear Ms.:

Thank you for contacting my office. As you may know, I have supported efforts to increase the resources the federal government devotes to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. As the House of Representatives works through the appropriations process, I will look for opportunities to increase funding for research on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Again, thank you for contacting my office.

Sincerely,

Ron Paul

And, no, I was not aware that he has "supported efforts to increase the resources the federal government devotes to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome". I will have to look in to that. What a nice change from the irritating form letters. It is also a nice that someone actually read it.

Jody

Frickly,

Well, it's hard to say with politicians of course, but this sounds good, doesn't it. I'm Canadian so not that up on US politics but I have heard of Ron Paul and that he is different from many politicians, that he has an awareness of environmental problems, health concerns that many of them ignore.

Hope something really does come of it for you all south of my border.

Jody

Frickly,

Well, it's hard to say with politicians of course, but this sounds good, doesn't it. I'm Canadian so not that up on US politics but I have heard of Ron Paul and that he is different from many politicians, that he has an awareness of environmental problems, health concerns that many of them ignore.

Hope something really does come of it for you all south of my border.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Good timing

Might be a good time for everyone to put in an email to the respective legislators in an attempt to at least get the term "CFS" filtering through the judicial and medical world. It just seems that it's always swept under a rug and as if know one wants to deal with it.
This could also be redundant reply since I'm sure that is what generated this post to start with. If so, sorry.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Good timing

Might be a good time for everyone to put in an email to the respective legislators in an attempt to at least get the term "CFS" filtering through the judicial and medical world. It just seems that it's always swept under a rug and as if know one wants to deal with it.
This could also be redundant reply since I'm sure that is what generated this post to start with. If so, sorry.

Jody

Hi August,

Welcome to the forums.

You're making a valid point and saying what you think, so no need to apologize if it happens to agree with something someone else said. That just makes it nice for Frickly to hear someone agree with her. :D

We want to know what people think.

That's what this place is for. :)

Jody

Hi August,

Welcome to the forums.

You're making a valid point and saying what you think, so no need to apologize if it happens to agree with something someone else said. That just makes it nice for Frickly to hear someone agree with her. :D

We want to know what people think.

That's what this place is for. :)

Frickly

August,

I think it will take a representative with a personal stake in CFS to even give it a second thought. I am curious about why Ron Paul has/had an interest in CFS but could not find anything on the internet.

Frickly

August,

I think it will take a representative with a personal stake in CFS to even give it a second thought. I am curious about why Ron Paul has/had an interest in CFS but could not find anything on the internet.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Hey someone posted your post on Co-cure! Very nice. Maybe you should contact the CFIDS Association and tell them about your response. They have a new Lobbying team now- maybe (hopefully) they're going to pick up in that area.

If he's on one of the Health or Appropriations committees he could be a gold mine.

Frickly

Cort

I did as you suggested and sent it on to CFIDS Association. Thanks for the suggestion.

A

Aftermath

Ron Paul

Ron Paul is indeed different than other politicians. Although he is technically a Republican, he is really more of a libertarian.

For example has ruffled a lot of feathers with his bill that would provide for an outside audit of the federal reserve.

The two main parties have gotten complete out of control with how much of our money has been spent over the past 20 years with very little in the way of tangible results.

It's great to hear that he responded with regard to CFS. Not sure if you know this, but he was a physician before getting in to politics.

I'm really hoping that he can mount a serious campaign for president in 2012.