IIME 14th International ME Conference, May 31, 2019 London

Gemini

The IIMEC14 International ME Conference begins at 8:55am Friday May 31, 2019 in London.

www.investinme.org/IIMEC14.shtml

Preliminary Agenda [subject to change] featuring these speakers:

Dr. Ian Gibson, UEA

Professor Don Staines, Centre for Neuroimmunology(NCNED), Griffiths University, Australia

Professor Simon Carding, Quadram Institute Bioscience, UK

Dr. Oystein Fluge, Haukeland University Hospital, Norway

Professor Karl Johan Tronstad, Haukeland University Hospital, Norway

Dr. Ron Tompkins, Center for Surgery, Science, and Bioengineering, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA

European ME Clinicians Council Panel

Anne Ortegren Memorial Lecture

Dr. Vicky Whittemore, NIH National Institute of Neurological Diseases(NINDS), USA

Professor Ron Davis, Stanford Genome Technology Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, USA

Associate Professor Mady Hornig, Center for Infection & Immunity, Columbia University, USA

Professor Maureen Hanson, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, USA

Plenary Session

Adjourn

Belbyr

@Pyrrhus looks like an early start with 7:30 Registration and a planned nine to five day!

Last year I remember they did a great job keeping on schedule!
I didn't realize they did one of these last year, did anything come of it? I'm wondering if I should have high expectations of new research data or increased funding from the NIH?

Gemini

I didn't realize they did one of these last year, did anything come of it? I'm wondering if I should have high expectations of new research data or increased funding from the NIH?
@Belbyr there were outstanding presentations at the 2018 Conference. If you're interested Ron Davis' is on YouTube:

Nicely formatted DVD's at reasonable cost featuring all presenters and prior conferences can be ordered on the IIME website.

As for NIH funding, don't know what impact this Conference has. However, last year NIH's Dr. Avi Nath was a presenter and also attended the two-day closed door ME Biomedical Research Colloquium which precedes it. [This year's Colloquium is May 29-30.]

He commented [his words] the scientific discussion at the Colloquium was "superb," progress being made was "mindboggling," there's "real data" here, and that "huge strides" have been made in a short amount of time. It's good he experienced this firsthand, I think.