• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Igf-1

This has been consistently high through my cfs years. Can anyone explain? It just doesn’t make much sense sense all my other hormone levels are normal, and I experience fatigue and muscle atrophy. Not sure why docs even test for it, because they ignore the number and have t been able to educate me on why so above normal. Thx for listening

joe

Wishful

I don't know anything about that, but we're all different, and maybe that's just the normal level for your body.

Maybe someday automated testing will be cheap enough that everyone will get complete scans every few years, so that changes can be noticed. I don't suppose you had Igf-1 tested before you developed ME?

I don't know anything about that, but we're all different, and maybe that's just the normal level for your body.

Maybe someday automated testing will be cheap enough that everyone will get complete scans every few years, so that changes can be noticed. I don't suppose you had Igf-1 tested before you developed ME?
I did, and it was low average. Pretty drastic change.

Wishful

In that case , it's probably high because ME screws up our bodies in mysterious, individualistic ways. :xeyes:

No immediate logical scientific response handy. I hope you're not hulking out due to extra growth hormone.