• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If you were recovered tomorrow, what would you do

Dechi

First thing I would get on my bike, go for a ride and enjoy nature ! Then go out for dinner, have a drink, and go dancing. Or just play music in my house really loud like I used to and dance my head off.

Long term, I would look for a nice, fulfilling job without too much stress.

valentinelynx

First thing, that's hard. The idea of a nice, long hike in nature is tempting. When I had a one week remission after 4 years of illness, I spent a lot of time that week walking around our neighborhood.

Long term, I would resume my career, so we could afford to live comfortably, without begging from family.

Aerose91

Go to med school, but am too old now.
I have taken bachelor's level classes in my mid-30's. I was so nervous about being an old guy in the class with all 18 yr olds but I quickly came to realize that A) no one cared and B) they looked up to me and C) the professors liked me more than the other kids because of my maturity.

When I attended college in my teens I had a 78 yr old man in my biology class.

When they day comes that you have the ability to attend med school, let yourself go and jump in. People older than the norm in things are not weird but rather inspirational because they show us that it's never too late to better yourself.

Aerose91

marathon, record an album, go mountain climbing, girlfriend/married/kid, career

We sound similar. May I ask how old you are?

I was always a super active person- personal trainer, fighter, rock climber, and I thought I could never imagine settling down but this experience has shown me that I think that really is what I want. Finding the right girl, raising children. It feels so wholesome and fulfilling to me now

We sound similar. May I ask how old you are?

I was always a super active person- personal trainer, fighter, rock climber, and I thought I could never imagine settling down but this experience has shown me that I think that really is what I want. Finding the right girl, raising children. It feels so wholesome and fulfilling to me now
am 40, suffering for 20 years. like you was very active, gym rat, marathons, hiking/fishing/camping into wilderness areas, always had a girl friend, was like the best guy in my group of 30-40 friends I grew up with, always had the best parties, friendliest, would give the shirt off my back if you needed it, but this basically told my life and everyone went away besides 2 loyal friends that mostly stay in touch via phone/text.

2019 though has been the best year yet since my decline and am considering a part time job and to try dating again w someone who understands my limits. My protocol for success is as follows (Brownstein Protocol pulsed abx, iodoral, selenium, liposomal vit c, sage tea, ALA/ALCAR, BPC-157 shots, garlic oil capsules/oregano oil caps, gluten free, apple cider vinegar, and tai chi)

Pearshaped

A) go for a run,
take (and STAND in) a shower, then visit my best friend

B) try to find a way to "stand up" for ME
-go back to work, living on my own
and look for a nice guy to marry and have kids
(... and they lived happily ever after..) *sigh*

rel8ted

I have taken bachelor's level classes in my mid-30's. I was so nervous about being an old guy in the class with all 18 yr olds but I quickly came to realize that A) no one cared and B) they looked up to me and C) the professors liked me more than the other kids because of my maturity.

When I attended college in my teens I had a 78 yr old man in my biology class.

When they day comes that you have the ability to attend med school, let yourself go and jump in. People older than the norm in things are not weird but rather inspirational because they show us that it's never too late to better yourself.
Been ill almost 30 years. Med school would not take me at my age. Nursing school, maybe.

Aerose91

am 40, suffering for 20 years. like you was very active, gym rat, marathons, hiking/fishing/camping into wilderness areas, always had a girl friend, was like the best guy in my group of 30-40 friends I grew up with, always had the best parties, friendliest, would give the shirt off my back if you needed it, but this basically told my life and everyone went away besides 2 loyal friends that mostly stay in touch via phone/text.

2019 though has been the best year yet since my decline and am considering a part time job and to try dating again w someone who understands my limits. My protocol for success is as follows (Brownstein Protocol pulsed abx, iodoral, selenium, liposomal vit c, sage tea, ALA/ALCAR, BPC-157 shots, garlic oil capsules/oregano oil caps, gluten free, apple cider vinegar, and tai chi)

glad you have found slight bits of success. If we make it out of this, you and I will train and head to northern India or Nepal and pursue our dream of climbing a mountain