• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If walking is an issue do we use mobility aids ?

Aspen

Oh that's great news Aspen ! I can do a Mighty 4mph šŸ¤£ I may upgrade if disabilty acknowledge that I can't walk !
Is your wheelchair electric ? Good news re the car šŸ˜Šā˜€ļø
Hahaha, after being bedbound for so long, 4 mph will seem like Nascar! :rofl: Yes, my wheelchair is electric, thankfully, a parting gift from my grandpa when he passed on - I named it the Bennymobile, after him. :D I live in the country, so I havenā€™t been able to use it other than just in my yard, but with the hitch now I have no limits. Well, I still canā€™t leave my bed much, haha, so there are those limits. But I can fully recline on it too, makes a huge difference with how much time I can spend in it. Iā€™ve been able to go out in the yard a few times and have a socially-distanced visit with family while reclined and all tucked in with blankets out there, totally restful. Iā€™m hoping to be able to take it to town for walks with friends in the park this summer.

Emmarose47

Hahaha, after being bedbound for so long, 4 mph will seem like Nascar! :rofl: Yes, my wheelchair is electric, thankfully, a parting gift from my grandpa when he passed on - I named it the Bennymobile, after him. :D I live in the country, so I havenā€™t been able to use it other than just in my yard, but with the hitch now I have no limits. Well, I still canā€™t leave my bed much, haha, so there are those limits. But I can fully recline on it too, makes a huge difference with how much time I can spend in it. Iā€™ve been able to go out in the yard a few times and have a socially-distanced visit with family while reclined and all tucked in with blankets out there, totally restful. Iā€™m hoping to be able to take it to town for walks with friends in the park this summer.
That's great news !
I find just having it there helps my mood so much ... The potential the freedom our legs can't give us ...
So nice u having visits with your family I'm so glad for you