• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If I’m doing worse in the morning but better at night, am i doing better or worse?

bensmith

In new to illness so maby this is normal? Getting better would mean leas bad stuff right? Maybe its just all the carbs ive been eating.

i feel like its almost certainly worse but very confusint.

gregh286

Yes I know that. I take my sugar in fruit form.
Doesn't spike HR.
For some bizarre reason its get broken down different. Can't explain . Can eat any amount. Like even a full pineapple has 70g of fructose. Can handle.it easy peesy.

But processed sugar is a fckin nuclear attack. Desserts...chocolate wil spike my HR.

If you going to eat carbs eat it very little and often.

bensmith

Im not sure inhave this issue. I dont have heart rate with carbs. Maybe i did minorly first week. Bo i dont think sonat all.

That chimes with me too actually, and I'm also a little new to this so I wasn't sure if it was PEM or something else. I'm on a keto diet at the moment so can vouch that carbs isn't the issue.
I feel like the morning crash might from stressful dreams - is this common in cfs or am I on the wrong track?