• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If I type too much I get carpal tunnel. Anyone Else?

Pyrrhus

If I type too much with my hands in the wrong position, I get wrist pain...

1620706002984.png

Hope this helps!

ChookityPop

Carpal tunnel is something that many healthy people get @ChookityPop so it might not be anything to do with you having me/cfs. Do any other members of your family have it?
True! No its only me I think. Ive had lots of issues since I got sick in 2014 not only carpal tunnel., But nerve related that has made me unable to play xbox and use my mac. Now I cant play xbox anyways but I just wonder if it could be some underlying issues with my nerves. For example SFN.. Idk I could have bad genes for all I know.

xebex

True! No its only me I think. Ive had lots of issues since I got sick in 2014 not only carpal tunnel., But nerve related that has made me unable to play xbox and use my mac. Now I cant play xbox anyways but I just wonder if it could be some underlying issues with my nerves. For example SFN.. Idk I could have bad genes for all I know.

Could it be ligaments? The collagen issues in ME could make your ligaments too loose or too tight, I also have wrist problems when typing too long but to me it feels like seizing of muscles and stiff ligaments. I did also have wrist issues before getting sick (or probably in the run up to getting sick) from riding BMX and I noticed a that in a bad flare my wrists would ache as if poisoned or like they had a migraine - very odd.

ChookityPop

Could it be ligaments? The collagen issues in ME could make your ligaments too loose or too tight, I also have wrist problems when typing too long but to me it feels like seizing of muscles and stiff ligaments. I did also have wrist issues before getting sick (or probably in the run up to getting sick) from riding BMX and I noticed a that in a bad flare my wrists would ache as if poisoned or like they had a migraine - very odd.
It could very well be ligaments. I have mild pectus excavatum also which is connected to connective tissue disorders like eds etc.