• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ibs improvement

Sarahloudobby

Hi everyone
I know that unfortunately what works for one person doesn’t work for everyone but I just thought I would pass on my success with my ibs symptoms. I have cut out red meat now for almost six months. I still eat fish and occasional chicken but mostly on a vegetarian and fish diet and my IBS symptoms are now virtually nil. I know this won’t be the answer for everyone but even if it helps one other member that would be great.
Sarah

Sarahloudobby

Yes I do, I love mushrooms, broccoli, carrots. I’ve found aldi vegan burgers nice too, No idea what’s in them but they are much better than beetroot burgers which I found just fell apart

Sarahloudobby

Do you have ME? If so, did your fatigue improve on the new diet?
Yes I do, I’ve had it since 2002. I have noticed a degree of improvement though I still have days where I am fatigued. It’s generally had a positive impact on my overall health I think but especially the bloating and stomach pains x

I am glad you solved! I almost came out of my IBS some years ago, but in a diffetent way: I always eat fish and no fibers!
Everyone has his own body and experience ... and it depends on which IBS version you have.
I still have intollerances and trouble with some foods, though, but I finally got rid of that problem which was really worsening my UTIs and urinary illness.
Glad to know other people nearly resolved their IBS!

Booble

If the IBS is mast cell related then tomato sauce should be avoided as tomatoes and tomato sauce are high histamine.

I've always suspected issues with histamines but haven't put the focus into it yet. That's interesting to hear tomatoes are high in histamine. Not one I would have suspected. Thanks for the info.