• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ibogaine

T

Thomas Hues

Controversial, hush-hush therapies

I'm clumsy. So I get pretty banged up. Maybe Itrip so much because Ihave clumsy shoe laces. But it is rather intriguing that some of these clumsy days are being studied as new treatments for non-responsive pain. Can we type openly here???

Victoria

I'm clumsy. So I get pretty banged up. Maybe Itrip so much because Ihave clumsy shoe laces. But it is rather intriguing that some of these clumsy days are being studied as new treatments for non-responsive pain. Can we type openly here???

Thomas,

I always thought I was clumsy (as is my Father), and have had many falls over the last 15 years or so. I went through a period of running into furniture in my office or bumping into corridor walls, but I think the problem was........

I wasn't getting deep, restorative sleep. I was always so dopey & fatigued, I wasn't alert & "on the ball".

Yes, you can type openly here (and a warm welcome to the forum).

T

Thomas Hues

Thank You for the welcome.

Ye, it's like that being clumsy. I got new shoes, so I haven't tript over my laces so much lately. I did fall once. Not so pleasant. I think one of the more severe times I've had before has been the tip falling off when I was... freshining my breath. Those bottles are dangerous if the cap isn't completely on. ;). But really though, there is this new medication under study for treating non-responsive pain and other conditions; derived from a strong psychedelic alkaloid found in an African tree. 18-MC is what they call the medicine. It may merit some interest. esp., as it treats multiple symptoms and conditions.
Ooh, ooh... and sipping a tea from magnolias could be soothing, and may aid rest. Magnolol is the isolation. I love your country. I have some friends from that land that I look forward to seeing again soon.

talkingfox

Funny you should mention clumsiness as a result of non-restorative sleep, Victoria. I find that when I'm in flare that my klutz factor goes up a thousand fold. It's like my brain isn't quite sure of where I am in Time/Space and my depth perception is skewed somehow.

@ Thomas I'll be interested to see where this study leads. My bruised shins and toes deserve a break....um wait...maybe not the choicest word usage there..

welcome from another n00b from the Pacific North Wet! :Retro smile:

talkingfox

As in made from the African Iboga tree, Thomas? Protocols and though processes behind this? I'm all into info that's so far flown under the radar.