• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I need studies that support IVIG in fine fiber neuropathy

Hello, they have accepted my diagnosis of fine fiber neuropathy in my public hospital and they ask me to take studies in which there are cases of people who improve or are cured with intravenous immunoglobulins. In my country the use of immunoglobulins is for compassionate use only. Can you help me find those studies?

Thank you!

Thank you, but those only work, I think, these:

How We Treat Autoimmune Small Fiber Polyneuropathy with Immunoglobulin Therapy. (This does speak of significant improvement of the patients undergoing the study).

Intravenous immunoglobulin therapy for small fiber neuropathy: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial (this is for pain and the study is apparently not finished).

I have no pain, my affected fine fibers are autonomous. I have POTS and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Studies that treat autoimmune POTS with IVIG are also helpful.

I have found almost none, but English is not my mother tongue.

ryan31337

I don't know if you have public or private healthcare @men100 , but be aware IVIg is incredibly expensive and will probably require repeat treatments, maybe indefinitely.

In my country's public healthcare system they will only use IVIg in extreme cases of diseases where IVIg is proven to be effective (not currently proven for SFN). It has to go through several stages of funding/approval and I've been told there is no chance to get it for a diagnosis of SFN alone.

@ryan31337

Hello, I am Spanish and in my public hospital they will try to approve the treatment the committee that decides these cases. That is why they ask me to take all possible studies with cases of improvement to support the request.

I have tried 45gr. of IVIG privately. It is very expensive, indeed. That is why they are going to try to give it to me in the public hospital since they have sat me well.