• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'I have never known anyone who exuded so much hope'

Bob

An interview with Emily Levick, about her friendship with Lynn Gilderdale who committed suicide in the UK:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/feb/02/me-lynn-gilderdale-online

Hi everyone,

This is a very moving feature in The Guardian.
It's an interview with Emily Levick, about her friendship with Lynn Gilderdale who committed suicide in the UK.
I think it's a very touching interview that many of us will relate to.

(I'd better warn that the article is quite sad)

Bob

Lily

*Believe*
Oh Bob, thank you for sharing that. Yes, it is quite a tear-jerker, but quite a beautiful friendship too. How wonderful to know that Lynn had real relationships with other PWCs, especially this wonderful young woman. It's comforting to know that she was able to have someone in her life who truly understood. What a terrible shock Lynn's death must have been to Emily.

ETA: You know, THIS is a story that needs to be told - THIS IS ME/CFS. Contrast this with the stories of Reeves's/Wessely's descriptions of ME/CFS

Min

Was this only online? I take the Guardian and didn't see it in the newspaper.

oerganix

Lily said:
ETA: You know, THIS is a story that needs to be told - THIS IS ME/CFS. Contrast this with the stories of Reeves's/Wessely's descriptions of ME/CFS[/QUOTE]

Yes, this IS an important reality of ME/CFS. Buzz it up and leave a comment. Now is the time to help the public see the reality that the denialists would like to hide.

Lily

*Believe*
Lily said:
ETA: You know, THIS is a story that needs to be told - THIS IS ME/CFS. Contrast this with the stories of Reeves's/Wessely's descriptions of ME/CFS

Yes, this IS an important reality of ME/CFS. Buzz it up and leave a comment. Now is the time to help the public see the reality that the denialists would like to hide.[/QUOTE]

Please read this article and buzz it up! I wonder if it would help to change the title? What do you think, Bob?

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
I just read Emily's story. Wow. On so many levels. I am moved by the friendship and strength of these two young women. Such beauty in the midst of devastation.