• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I hate being in pain!!

Likaloha

I;m truly relieved to know that !!! I mean the wariness, not the difficulties that produced it ....

It's amazing how fast they'll prescribe them, and how quickly they'll leave the room whn you ask for help or complain about the side effects.

There are other ways to go at this, with fewer side effects. Do try the Aleve for pain, it's really been incredible for me, and I'm hoping that it will be for you, too. If it isnt, try Advil or any other OTC pain med, until you find one that helps. It's out there, just waiting for you to drop on by :) :) :thumbsup::thumbsup: :hug: .... you take care, too, and dont give up, don;t lose hope :hug::hug: ....
Thanks for the encouragement! I really need it now! Lisa

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
It's amazing how fast they'll prescribe them, and how quickly they'll leave the room whn you ask for help or complain about the side effects.

I smiled when I read this because that's what happened with the rheumatologist who prescribed Cymbalta for me. I asked about side effects, he said very hurriedly on his way out the door, "Only nausea sometimes for the first week."

However, I research things before I take them and the side effects of that medication can be truly ghastly. To try to be "compliant" for my upcoming SSDI hearing, I took two little pebbles out of one of the capsules and had IBS for a 1.5 weeks afterward as well as a migraine for 3 days. Nah...

Oddly, Advil was one of the ones that was just sort of meh for me

Yeah, that's me too. It doesn't do anything for me but neither does the Aleve.

Likaloha

I smiled when I read this because that's what happened with the rheumatologist who prescribed Cymbalta for me. I asked about side effects, he said very hurriedly on his way out the door, "Only nausea sometimes for the first week."

However, I research things before I take them and the side effects of that medication can be truly ghastly. To try to be "compliant" for my upcoming SSDI hearing, I took two little pebbles out of one of the capsules and had IBS for a 1.5 weeks afterward as well as a migraine for 3 days. Nah...

Yeah, that's me too. It doesn't do anything for me but neither does the Aleve.
Good luck at your hearing!