• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

hsCRP

Lipac

Someone tested mine, it's high.
Any experience folks?

All I can find is in relation to Angina/MI IN OTHERWISE HEALTHY ADULTS. I've known it was a CV test for decades.

I find regulate CRP is always elevated in Autoimmune/ chronic inflammation, so I'm not surprised.

Can't find hsCRP value levels mentioned in other chronic disease at all.

Learner1

Mine is always quite normal, even though I know I have some inflammation. Sed rate, serum ferritin, and cytokines might be useful, too.

However, we have a complex illness with various subsets, along with comorbidities. It could be a part of ME/CFS (like an infection??) or could be from something else.

Some doctors are using antinflamnatories, like celecoxib or curcumin to help patients, but solving the root cause is likely the best strategy.

Lipac

Mine is always quite normal, even though I know I have some inflammation. Sed rate, serum ferritin, and cytokines might be useful, too.

However, we have a complex illness with various subsets, along with comorbidities. It could be a part of ME/CFS (like an infection??) or could be from something else.

Some doctors are using antinflamnatories, like celecoxib or curcumin to help patients, but solving the root cause is likely the best strategy.

I'm taking curcumin and antioxidants that reduce cns inflammation, but noted no change over past year.

Haven't tolerated ibuprofen for years, but can now. I'm taking it to ( hopefully) take the edge off 4-5 times a week. Long term is risky, I guess.
Haven't noticed any change.

No change with Prednisone or HC either when fatigued, as in the early years.

I thought " mold and CIRS"- but that's an expensive clinic, very rigid and I can't do cholestyramine. Tried that about 6 years ago, didn't help.

Thought " MCS". I have it quite badly. Got $$ air scrubbers etc. Still went downhill.

Now it's full blown CFS, since sleep meds were cut in Nov. ( herbs or CBD don't work). If I sleep, I function.
Can't find a Dr in Hickville USA who thinks sleep is important.

I used to be 20 h/ day in bed, 6-10 years ago. Then I got better.

In 8 months I've slid back to that level and chronic pain Id forgotten is returning.

I'd forgotten what a Hell that life was.

For me sleep is everything.

I HATE IT that incompetent Men have this POWER over my life. I learned to get my power back from an abusive husband.
Now it's MEN who just think women are Weak / mentally unstable , all over again