• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to donate to the Invest in ME UK Rituximab trial

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We've got another thread discussing this initiative but now that IiME have set up their payment mechanisms for people to direct donations specifically to the trial, I thought a new thread just to list them would be good.

UK taxpayers! You can increase your donation by a whopping 25% if you Gift Aid your donation. For example, if you donate £10 it becomes £12.50; if you donate £100 it becomes £125. So use it, if you're a taxpayer, and get the trial funded 25% faster.

Here are the ways to give, all listed on their Rituximab trial donation page:

1. JustGiving (includes Gift Aid option)
You pay by PayPal or credit card. IiME pays the site a fee of 2-5% of your donation (or your total Gift-Aided donation) and JustGiving do the work of claiming the Gift Aid back. It's also a publicly visible way of showing that you've donated (anonymously if you wish) that encourages others.

2. PayPal (can't see Gift Aid option)
Use the top button on their donation page. I don't know what PayPal fees are.

3. Credit card (can't see Gift Aid option)
Use the top button on their donation page, look down to where it says, 'Don't have a PayPal account?' and click on 'Continue'. I don't know anything about fees, but if there are any, it's just going to be the normal ones.

4. Text (can't see Gift Aid option)
I don't know how to do this myself but the instructions say:

Text RTUX66 £2 / £5 / £10 to 70070 to donate now - e.g. text the following to 70070: RTUX66 £5

5. Cheque (includes Gift Aid option)
Make out to Invest in ME, say in the cover letter it's for the Rituximab trial and mail to:

Invest in ME
PO Box 561
Eastleigh
Hampshire SO50 0GQ
UK

If you're eligible, print off their Gift Aid form and enclose it with the cheque.

6. Wheelbarrow of cash
:cool:

If anybody has any more info about donation methods, please post and I'll edit my post if necessary.

I suggest we don't get too hung up about fees - I think all banking transactions incur fees one way or another, whether it's PayPal, credit card, cheque, whatever. Unless you're giving thousands, best just to crack on and give so that others see the pot building and are encouraged to do the same themselves, rather than worry about a few percent, I think, but do get hung up about Gift Aid, if you're eligible - that 25% is not to be sneezed at.