• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to do probiotic retention enemas??

godlovesatrier

I started with dr mercola probiotics and solaray24 strain 1 cap per day, and noticed a big difference initially with the solaray24 strain - this was 2 years ago.

I carried on with that because it got rid of my dysbiosis and abdominal pain after eating. Then I started experimenting with inulin I noticed tiny doses didn't do anything for me, but 5 g's and up had a much bigger effect. Then I noticed my physical weakness completely disappeared with prebiotics, even if I didn't take any probiotics - I'd never really felt that good on just the solaray or dr mercola.

Then I started using vivomixx but that stuff is so powerful I began to have issues when I took it every day (brainfog primarily).

However whilst doing this I was also increaseing my dose of life extension reishi for nk cell function and taking valtrex from december 2022 onwards. I got to 90% mentally on that before crashing from symbioflor2 about 4 weeks ago. Currenly recovering from the symbioflor2 crash.

I've also tried optibac lacis bb-12 with FOS - that's a good combination and I've taken FOS as a prebiotic. All of these orally.

The enema = optibac bb-12 + 5g FOS, 5g inulin and tributyrin.

But I had a lot of inflamation after the enema in my lower back - assume colon - and I felt really unwell (like I had a virus after). I'd be ok doing this for a few months to check if it's theraputic immune modulation causing the viral type pain/symptoms but I work full time so I can't.

Thanks.

Got it. So from what I've understood in this condition one needs to avoid lactic-acid-producing bacteria and instead focus on butyrate-producing, at least for enemas.

Most of what you share (and most commercial probiotics) produce lactic acid, not butyrate.

godlovesatrier

vivomixx:

Streptococcus thermophilus NCIMB 30438; Bifidobacterium breve NCIMB 30441; Bifidobacterium longum NCIMB 30435**; Bifidobacterium infantis NCIMB 30436**; Lactobacillus acidophilus NCIMB 30442; Lactobacillus plantarum NCIMB 30437; Lactobacillus paracasei NCIMB 30439; Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp.

Bare in mind I didn't use this for my enema. I just take it maybe once a week, I did try every day and it doesn't seem to work that well.