• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How patients are accelerating ME/CFS research

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

Tocq_jpLnd-dCvxKHzsxwmvp0QJ_hAFqJKB1Bl-Ek0kLzjzQyBcJCsus1E99yTjkwYjs67JX6_9RcOfHiwuQhHKrn6PD6Yc5o4nZlkbVA7NkfKNwws0ueEF_tsZrtL2nREnorGCgOzFGBQlxZtwZJp7oha3vAh4Xf0UZeyVnJNj1NN_zTKflEXYlkGEgyshDBEpSvpk8hbPaiWA=s0-d-e1-ft

#TripleTuesdayOMF Spotlight - Patients Around the Globe

Dear Friends,

I’m very grateful for the outpouring of support we’ve received from OMF community members, people just like you, during our Triple Giving Tuesday campaign. I’m especially inspired by the ME/CFS patients who dedicate their limited energy to fundraising for our work. I am honored to highlight a few of their stories today.

First though, I’d like to invite you to start your own fundraiser for OMF if you haven’t already. All donations to your fundraiser will be triple matched, every day now through December 3.

Barbara Lanciers launched an ambitious Crowdchange fundraiser for Triple Giving Tuesday to take advantage of the triple match. She was diagnosed with ME/CFS about 12 months ago after years of illness and is now supporting OMF-funded research because it provides “hope for more effective treatment, hope for a cure, hope for the veil of suffering to be lifted.”

Amie runs an ongoing Team OMF project, knitting personalized stuffed teddy bears for fellow patients and requesting donations to OMF in return. She explains “I want to do as much as I can to help support OMF so we can find the answers we need.”

Stuart Murdoch, OMF Ambassador and the lead singer of indie pop band Belle and Sebastian, is sharing the news about our triple match with his fans and gaining worldwide attention. As a patient, he supports our work because of our open data sharing approach: “It’s through this collaboration and open sharing of ideas that I think the solution will be found.”

Amy Carlson, OMF Ambassador, actress, advocate, and healthy ally is speaking out on Facebook Live to share the news about the match with her fans worldwide. To date, Amy has raised over $5,800 on her Facebook fundraiser and these donations will be tripled.

E0EegNcu6E7ryk6LGGQpqUxO760CaSDrxSa-8Wp969sgk3rFYy2JqX67fQcHctmNEVPUulDp-wTXen_kDLlphZgsXfvW61SWI6eSjJy02yPSluK7FqgIbTAI8n8vowOGURXTY0AmuWhgZatBJYg8=s0-d-e1-ft

These are just a few of the many patients and advocates stepping up to fundraise for OMF-funded research. I deeply appreciate their support, and I encourage you to join us and create your own triple matched fundraiser before the campaign ends on December 3.

Together, we’re making great progress toward the answers patients deserve.

With hope for all,

glA7cZmKjDbmh8TnrHaSrm1FZDRa0RhY0xQcMxAF8Os0eEHuYTRlu_G8kRra2BswFPsiY45lamM20X3iGGN7oRIAcLtMqNgBpyvpL0wjqAYweDqypfsGq9dLETXDcfEpSgnWKIg=s0-d-e1-ft

Founder & CEO/President

Donate today to triple your impact

www.omf.ngo