• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How many pills is too many pills?

i ask this question because i have a cyber friend whom i met at a different forum he's been sick for about 3 years with pretty much the same symptoms as me and he is seeing a different doctor now which gave him a vitamins and supplements protocol but i think is to much.. he does the following protocol everyday..400mg CoQ10, 6000mcg of B12, 2000mg vitamin C,2000mg vitamin D3, 100mg B6,4000-6000mg omega 3, 2-3 pills of green tea extract,2-3 pills of grape seed extract, 200mcg selenium, some iron and he told me the Dr gonna add some Inosine and possibly some lauricidn, he did tell me that ever since he started seeing this new doctor he feels much much better he is even going back to work soon he's been under this protocol for about 3 months now,but he told me he already started to feel pinching pain in his liver he takes about 14-18 pills a day all together i think this is too much even if they are all vitamins and supplements i think he might get liver disease, but i think i heard b12 helps to detox the liver...anyways i myself am taking some vitamins and supplements too but not nearly as much as this guy, i would really appreciate it if someone would shed some light on this matter...as i am about too start some other vitamins as well...

caledonia

30+ is too many, especially if you have trouble swallowing them, like me. Or if you have trouble fitting them all in the weekly pill box. It's not really how many pills, it's how many mg, mcg etc. - if you can tolerate that amount or are you getting side effects.

30+ is too many, especially if you have trouble swallowing them, like me. Or if you have trouble fitting them all in the weekly pill box. It's not really how many pills, it's how many mg, mcg etc. - if you can tolerate that amount or are you getting side effects.

yeah that makes sense it doesn't matter how many pills but the amount per tablet...hey you're from Ohio i hear there are some really good CFS doctors over there i was actually considering seeing a doctor in Ohio i live in Chicago so the drive is not too bad.. do you know of any good CFS doctors? i called the cleaveland Clinic one of the clinics that helped discovered XMRV and they said that for now they are just doing research no treatment or testing of any kind..

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i think there is quite a few of us on here that would take that amount of supplementation. The 'pinch' in his liver could be anything but his doctor should be doing blood tests to check kidney and liver function and if he's feeling better for it, he's doing something right. I havent counted what i take but i have been using supplements and meds for a few years now and my liver function test has so far always comeback good, and im feeling alot better because of it, without it i would up the creek without a paddle.

cheers!!!