• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How long does it take to get the results from the culture test?

redo

Does anyone know how many weeks it takes, approximately, to get the results when you have taken a culture test at VIPdx?

JMK

Redo-I had my done in April and it only took two and a half weeks. They fax the ordering doctor a report as soon as they bill you. Mine was positive by the way. I'm modrate to severe with gradual onset.

JAS

Hi Redo, I am in the UK and was told it would take 3 weeks but in fact took 6 weeks (not that I minded). I was positive too...I am moderate (to severe when crashing and takes around 2 months to recover), had viral onset. Hope that this helps....I believe that the serology test will be out shortly and will be more accurate than the culture test.

subtr4ct

Hi redo, My wife and daughter sent samples that VIP would have received on May 6. I called them just now (today is the first day of the sixth week), and was told that their tests are now in the "quality review" stage and should be available early next week. Assuming that turns out to be true, then 5.5 weeks for our experience.