• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How I found the underlying cause of my CFS--anti NMDA antibodies

Learner1

I didnt mean to imply that, only that you really know your stuff ... life gets more difficult when I have to defend myself against what was intended as a compliment.
Thank you very much, then! I typically will try natural treatments first if at all possible, however, I've learned the hard way that sometimes only a pharmaceutical intervention gets me to where I need to go. So, I think a large toolbox of tools is important.

YippeeKi YOW !!

I typically will try natural treatments first if at all possible, however, I've learned the hard way that sometimes only a pharmaceutical intervention gets me to where I need to go.
I agree, as I more or less stated in the first line of my response to @Violeta :
Like you, I avoid prescription drugs and protocols like the plague, but sometimes needs must.

So, I think a large toolbox of tools is important.
Again, I agree. I don't dismiss anything out of hand, but I'm trying everything I can before I restart the endless, difficult, demanding, and not inexpensive search for a Dr who either understands this illness, or has at least heard of it as something other than the punchline to a joke, and is willing to listen to their patient and learn more.

Would you kindly PM me the list please? How are you now? So sad about Shawn :(

If you're interested in getting tested for neuroautoantibodies, I know a few private doctors who'll refer you for the testing on the NHS. I'll PM you if you like. :)

You need to have obvious neuropsychiatric symptoms that would suggest a potential role for GABA or glutamate but you have that so it shouldn't be a problem!

Aidan Walsh

I believe that he is talking about "Lemtrada" (Alemtuzumab) but I could be wrong. @SK2018, please let us know how you are doing when you have a chance!

Also @pibee, how are you doing? I haven't seen you post in a while and hoping you are okay.

I wonder if this is the drug being used by HATS patients in Paris, France for Hereditary Alpha Tryptasemia Syndrome multiple copies of the tryptase Genes found by the NIH/NIAID 2016 published in Nature with Manchester Immunology Group together.

I think this medicine if it is this one is used in some type of I think severe Mastocytosis, there is a French Group on Facebook some are getting this drug.