• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How expensive will treatment be?

Hi,

can anyone guess how expensive treatment for XMRV will be per month if the insurance doesn't cover it?
I guess AZT will be the "cheapest" of the working antivirals. Are there any combi drugs that contain several active antiviral agents? Does anyone know if De Meirleir prescribes antivirals for XMRV yet?

Daffodil

hi diesel...i dont think demeirleir is prescribing yet. there wont be combo drugs for us for quite some time, i am guessing. you can obtain the antivirals for free from the drug companies if you are eligible. the manufacturers have patient assistance programs in north america and probably europe.

mojoey

From his public comments KDM does not seem to be a fan of ARVs. He's using gcmaf as primary xmrv therapy, and it's 35 euros per shot

hi diesel...i dont think demeirleir is prescribing yet. there wont be combo drugs for us for quite some time, i am guessing. you can obtain the antivirals for free from the drug companies if you are eligible. the manufacturers have patient assistance programs in north america and probably europe.

But do you think they have these patient assistance programs for XMRV as well?

ukxmrv

I've not been able to find a patient assistance program in the UK for any useful drugs as yet.

The Indian manufacturer Cipla has generic versions of some AIDS drugs (like AZT) and some combos. Hopefully this new market is something that they will look at.

Here's a link to a drugs website for HIV

http://www.aids-drugs-online.com/antivirals.php