• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How does one help fund ME/CFS Orgs when we are many but limited in cognitive or physical ability?

K2 for Hope

ALways Hoping
For those who want to help bring more money to ME/CFS causes, but have cognitive issues, financial limitations, physical ability, lack of lottery wins or a rich Uncle, there is a way to help fund many ME/CFS orgs that doesn't cost anything, requires minimal physical ability and limited cognitive thought.

It seems there are plenty of ME/CFS patients, (in the millions), but not a lot of financial help for us.

When a contest is announced and it involves "voting" by anyone who has an email account, I usually try to help by voting, but I am sometimes overwhelmed by how to do it, how often to do it, where to do it, when to do it, etc.

There is an autonomous team dedicated to deconstructing the information about the how, when and where. They work for all organizations and are not partial to any except they are working for ME/CFS causes. All they need the rest of us to do is a simple thing, VOTE.

The following was a suggestion that has helped me to remember to vote, doesn't take as much cognitive effort and could really bring a lot more funds to the many organizations that help the plight of limited funds for ME/CFS.

So, here's what I did so I remember to vote "daily" or at least as often as I sign onto my PC:

I created a new folder for "Fundraising and Voting" in my browser's bookmarks. I moved it to be the first one in the list at the top of my browser so I see it first if I look across the list. I then "add" the current contest into this folder until the contest is over, then I delete it. I currently use Chrome, but it would work for any browser.

I can now remember to vote every day for whatever contest is currently running. I can delete or add contests to this new folder so I'm always current. (and reminded by my own PC to vote)

Maybe many of you already did this, but some of us forget all the things we did in our former lives.

Here is a chance to show the world we are united in our efforts to empower ME/CFS orgs to gain funds necessary to enable the many causes these organizations entail.

Thanks to whoever it was that suggested this... :thumbsup:

K2 for Hope

ALways Hoping
Right now there is a contest that runs til March 29th, 2013. The winner could be "ME/FM Action Network (Canada)" and they are currently in the top 5. They could win $20,000 to continue their efforts to support ME/CFS patients if only enough people would vote daily until the end of the contest.

ANYONE IN THE WORLD CAN VOTE!

The information about the how and when is here (including screen shots about how):

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...faqs-and-updates-vote-from-any-country.21764/

Let's unite and make them # 1!