• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How do you break a folate trap?

HABS93

Yes, you can have a normal B12 blood test but still have a problem. From this site:

Other tests that can confirm a B12 deficiency are:

- methylmalonic acid
- homocysteine
- holotranscobalamin

For details, see here or here.
I'm waiting on that blood test right now . Same with folic acid

I never didn't see specific instructions on how to break the trap. Does Freddd recommend starting with mb12 and adenosylcobalamin (this alone should fix methyltrap?), then adding mfolate until you obtain relief (for paradoxical folate deficiency?), then niacin to stop methylation, while using potassium to make sure k+ levels don't drop?

Methyl90

I never didn't see specific instructions on how to break the trap. Does Freddd recommend starting with mb12 and adenosylcobalamin (this alone should fix methyltrap?), then adding mfolate until you obtain relief (for paradoxical folate deficiency?), then niacin to stop methylation, while using potassium to make sure k+ levels don't drop?

Too much theory, as far as my experience is concerned, timing is crucial in recognizing symptoms to progress in healing and not stop it. Too much adenosylcobalamine, for example, could cause you methyltrap ... to get out you have to revolve around MB12, methylfolate and basic cofactors ... potassium as needed.

Too much theory, as far as my experience is concerned, timing is crucial in recognizing symptoms to progress in healing and not stop it. Too much adenosylcobalamine, for example, could cause you methyltrap ... to get out you have to revolve around MB12, methylfolate and basic cofactors ... potassium as needed.
Do you know what cofactors specifically?