• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hour to Hour Symptoms

Carrigon

Anyone else get where you can be fairly okay one hour and think you're alright, then the next hour you're like at death's door again. I've had that for so many years, and I still don't know why. I was feeling better a few hours ago, then I started feeling deathly ill again. No reason at all. It just does this all the time. I can feel like I'm ready to die in the morning, but by afternoon, I might be feeling okay to go out. Or I can be dying all night and somehow be better in the morning. None of it makes sense.

Like now I'll probably have to cave in and take my pain med.

taniaaust1

Yes.. for me when that happens for no known triggered reason it is like something in my body has suddenly gone wrong, like a sickness switch has just turned on. In my case it can switch suddenly and instantly dramatically not within hrs but within a minute.

It can also switch suddenly but with a different feel (not such a sudden distinct one) due to MCS exposures or eatting something wrong for me ... but other then those two things which I know can quite suddenly shift my health, there is something else within my system which can suddenly go wrong and make me go from feeling okay to feeling very very unwell. (like i suddenly got poisoned or something?).

Once it comes in thou.. it does take a while to go away.

soxfan

Yes..for me also. I can get up in the morning and feel somewhat okay thinking I will be able to do some errands. By the time I am showered and dressed I can suddenly feel very tired and unwell.
At night I can feel like I am not going to wake up in the morning but I always do and make it through another day. It happens to me sometimes when I am in a store I will suddenly say to my husband "I have to go now" and he will have to check out while I go to the car.

One time a friend called me in the morning and asked if this was a good day for lunch and I said yes it is...then by the time the 2 hours have passed in that time I will start to feel sick..sometimes I still go because I will feel so guilty if I cancel once again...

Other times my eyes will be burning and have pain suddenly and then within hours it just disappears and I might not have it again for weeks..

Merry

Yes.. for me when that happens for no known triggered reason it is like something in my body has suddenly gone wrong, like a sickness switch has just turned on.

"Switch" is the word I have used for years. I'll feel as if a switch goes on, and a virus starts attacking me.

Over-exertion can - and usually does - set off that switch, but even if I stay very quiet for days, suddenly, inexplicably, the switch goes on again.