• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hormonal testing

tootsieroll

My healing has been hindered by the massive bleeding I am still experiencing after taking a supplement called glutathione. Then issues with birth control pills used to stop bleeding which didn't work. I was wondering if someone has knowledge on hormones can tell me what my test results mean. I'm just exhausted. I am confused by recent blood tests. The ratio of estradiol to progesterone is 227 pmol/L estradiol to <0.5 nmol/L progesterone. Does this mean i am estrogen dominant? but there are ranges on the test like mid-cycle and Luteal phases where estrogen levels over 1000 pmol/L are deemed normal. Or am I actually too low in estrogen too since it is only at 227. Can someone help me as I have no knowledge on this.

tootsieroll

@jesse's mom @YippeeKi YOW !! Wow thanks for being so helpful. Sorry for the delay but my notifications never come in! I am still in the cycle of bleed a RIDICULOUS amount, run to acupuncture to stop bleeding, wash rinse and repeat. My doc told me my hemoglobin and ferritin are near the "need a blood transfusion" level but i've been replenishing like crazy with heme iron Proferrin and liver. It worked somewhat and my bleeding is here again this week. I will go to hospital if i feel dizzy. My cycle has improved where it is no longer big clots but little mini ones, so that means my uterine lining is shedding differently but I am still bleeding massive amounts and still don't know if it will stop bleeding on its own this month. I doubt it. I will give it couple more days and then off to acupuncture to stop it again.

I tried DIM and CDG in minute amounts and omg they make my hot flashes worse. and I actually think it caused my period to show up 15 days early this time. so I've only had 15 days free of no bleeding since my last acupuncture session. Not enough days to replenish much blood reserve. I learnt my lesson not to touch DIM/CDG again. I think my theory is that although the ratio of estradiol to progesterone is high..I am still considered low in hormones which is why DIM/CDG put me in a pseudo-menopausal state. That stuff is potent and shouldnt be messed around with. Now my only mission is to somehow raise Progesterone without altering the estrogen much. I had Vitex in mind. Can anyone shed some light?

Last edited:

tootsieroll

@jesse's mom That's okay. It took me nearly 8 months to semi recover from this setback caused by glutathione and birth control pills. My periods now gush every 3-5 hours for the first 4 days then start to slow down by day 5 and stop completely by day 8. My hormones or my endocrine system is trying to regulate itself but it's still not balanced. By day 4 of the bleed, I find it hard to breathe and get lightheaded. I'm working as quickly as I can each month to replenish with liver,heme source iron and whole food vitamins.

Just thinking back really frightens me, knowing how blood loss can be detrimental. I was profusely bleeding non stop every 3-5 hours filling up diaper size pads for months on end. Till I found my acupuncturist 3 months in to stop the bleeding and then use her skills every month to stop the bleeds. 8 months in at present, I don't know what I would have done without her. Who or what would have stopped my bleeding? No conventional doctor was able to help and even made it seem like there was something wrong with ME!!! I'm so grateful to have found the acupuncturist and I hope any one who reads this and feels they are alone, well there is always a solution around the corner. Just need to seek it out and don't let others make you feel doubt about your own body.

Last edited:

tootsieroll

Congratulations you've found some help. My acupunturist/herbalist is who typically saves me. Time and time again.
Thank you but the road is still long. I may need to continue treatment but vary the acupuncture points. The sessions start to add up and it gets pricey. I wish it wasn't so. I'm hoping time itself can rectify this mishap that didn't need to happen in the first place. Or maybe it did need to happen so that it could illuminate the endocrine system imbalance that did exist.