• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hibiscus tea

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I started drinking Hibiscus tea. A large glass each day. Supposed to be good for bpressure. Well, I THINK I have been very ill from it. It seems impossible. I have Googled, no side effects like that. I have been very nauseated for days. SO weird. I get nausea like most POTS people but not like this for this long.

Has anyone had a problem with it?

leaves

nope, but it could have some thing you are sensitve to, for exaple salicylates or phenols or so (Do you react to mint too??). I tolerate green tea, and fennel tea, nettle leaf tea is supposed to be very good for you too, but I react to that also.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Yes, it could be something else in it. I can drink other teas. I do not react to mint. I love it.

I won't this tea anymore. I love C. Seasonings Sleepytime. I seem to be fine with other teas. I have kidney stones so I don't drink reg. tea. I miss it.