• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HHV-6, EBV, and neutropenia

JasonUT

Hello,
I have been diagnosed with reactivated EBV, based on high Early Antigen titers, plus reactivated HHV-6, based on high igg titers, plus mild intermittent neutropenia.

With that said, we are concerned about the use of valcyte do to risk of neutropenia and bone marrow suppression, and I'm already showing mild intermittent neutropenia. It is my understanding that valcyte is the recommended pharmaceutical when battling HHV-6.

Are there any natural anti-virals for HHV-6? Can anyone point me to some good discussion threads, research, or articles on this subject?

Also, are there any strategies or solutions for boosting neutrophil count?

I just started taking the following in a staggered fashion over the last month. I do appear to be having a worsening of symptoms that is tolerable at this point.
Valtrex
Monolaurin
Olive leaf extract or oil of oregano
Lysine
Curcumin
Vitamin C
Lithium Orotate

Thanks for your time.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hello,
I have been diagnosed with reactivated EBV, based on high Early Antigen titers, plus reactivated HHV-6, based on high igg titers, plus mild intermittent neutropenia.

With that said, we are concerned about the use of valcyte do to risk of neutropenia and bone marrow suppression, and I'm already showing mild intermittent neutropenia. It is my understanding that valcyte is the recommended pharmaceutical when battling HHV-6.

Are there any natural anti-virals for HHV-6? Can anyone point me to some good discussion threads, research, or articles on this subject?

Also, are there any strategies or solutions for boosting neutrophil count?

I just started taking the following in a staggered fashion over the last month. I do appear to be having a worsening of symptoms that is tolerable at this point.
Valtrex
Monolaurin
Olive leaf extract or oil of oregano
Lysine
Curcumin
Vitamin C
Lithium Orotate

Thanks for your time.

I havent found anything that increases neutrophils but neutropenia can be from a bacterial infection. Can be worth doing a course of a broad spectrum antibiotic incase you have an infection.

Hello,
Lithium Orotate

Lithium Carbonate. Lithium significantly increases all WBC counts. Technically you are supposed to get monitored on lithium. If you take too much you can tell, just stop and let it get out of your system.

Even at lower doses it increases neutrophil count. Research it and make a decision.