• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heme dysregulation and secondary porphyria

xena

Hi all, just wanted to post a very informative new interview on heme dysregulation and secondary porphyria.

I would love to hear your reflections on this, particularly if you have seen dysregulation of these heme pathways and resulting enzymes in your body and benefited from related interventions.

A number of my mystery symptoms seem possibly explained by the ideas mentioned here. I can see various threads linking together like, those benefiting from b2 supplementation, pyroluria, nos/cbs issues, my issues with folate supplementation causing anxiety and wheezing, porphyrins in urine following Chlamydia pneumonia treatment, doing well on a high carb diet, bad reactions to MANY heme pathway cofactors but also seeming deficiency in them etc