• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with NutraEval! What does it all mean?

Sophiedw

I have just received my NutraEval back with some distorted and concerning results. I wonder if anyone here could offer me any advice on the interpretation? Thanks! I have read that @Learner1 is proficient in deciphering these things? Any help or recommendations would be gratefully appreciated by anyway. It’s quite overwhelming to look at.

Learner1

Here is a copy
You have some very interesting results. I just had the Genova Metabolomix+ test done in the US and it's interesting to see the differences.

One area that is less helpful on your test is the minerals - my test has a much longer list of both essential minerals and heavy metals. I highly suspect if yours were reported, you would have some serious toxicity of something. I say this because the nutrients supporting detoxification are stressed. Can you get a Doctor's Data urine heavy metals test, provoked with DMSA and EDTA?

Depending on what you're toxic with, the answer would be to be a chelation protocol, supporting detox pathways, including B vitamins, ALA, glutathione, etc. and replenishing minerals. For a couple of years, probably. Metals get trapped in mitochondria and they need to carefully be pulled out, metabolized and excreted from the body.

Can you say what your diet is like? What % calories from carbs, fat, and protein? What fats and protein do you eat? It looks like you should cut back on olive oil a bit. Maybe use coconut oil, avocado oil, butter?

Sophiedw

The strange thing about the candida Indications is that my digestion is always fine. No food intolerances, pain, discomfort the rest of it works pretty much normally. Hard to believe I have a yeast overgrowth! Curiouser and curiouser.

I often have the docs scratching their heads due to what I believe is the unique nature of my illness and would be surprised if I had enhanced heavy metal toxicity due to lead and cadmium being so low.

Great suggestion on the panel though, when I have some more funds that will be my next port of call.

The markers that are very high all point to ammonia poisoning, this would fall in line with many of my observations so far. Every panel I do has very high ornothine. This panel
Very high arginine and low aspartate. I actually have an ammonium test booked at the hospital so that should be really informative.

Isocitric and cis-aconitic Both very high contributing to their assumption I am suffering toxic exposure, when researched these both indicate ammonia toxicity.

So interesting to see very low ALA, got a real glutathione deficit which I believe is the cause of my neurological symptoms. Hit a wall with cysteine so perhaps lack of ALA could be a helpful hint.

Lots of great stuff in there, very good test.

Lots to try and understand however.

What is it that makes you say it is a unique set of results @Learner1? Thanks so much for you reply.

Sophiedw

You have some very interesting results. I just had the Genova Metabolomix+ test done in the US and it's interesting to see the differences.

One area that is less helpful on your test is the minerals - my test has a much longer list of both essential minerals and heavy metals. I highly suspect if yours were reported, you would have some serious toxicity of something. I say this because the nutrients supporting detoxification are stressed. Can you get a Doctor's Data urine heavy metals test, provoked with DMSA and EDTA?

Depending on what you're toxic with, the answer would be to be a chelation protocol, supporting detox pathways, including B vitamins, ALA, glutathione, etc. and replenishing minerals. For a couple of years, probably. Metals get trapped in mitochondria and they need to carefully be pulled out, metabolized and excreted from the body.

Can you say what your diet is like? What % calories from carbs, fat, and protein? What fats and protein do you eat? It looks like you should cut back on olive oil a bit. Maybe use coconut oil, avocado oil, butter?

We eat a healthy and varied diet. I don’t really eat bread or pasta or any sole starchy meals. A variation of mackerel and eggs for lunch with big salads or maybe a vegetable soup. Sometimes we get a chicken and split it Over a few days for dinner, other than that we have maybe stir fried veg or some other non-Pastay type meal for dinner. Will maybe have some dalliances on the weekend but generally my diet is very clean and well balanced in my opinion, I also suffer from no food intolerances and never have done.

Sophiedw

I do eat a lot of olive oil a ha. It’s the main fat I eat actually - so amazing that can show up on a test

Sophiedw

We eat a healthy and varied diet. I don’t really eat bread or pasta or any sole starchy meals. A variation of mackerel and eggs for lunch with big salads or maybe a vegetable soup. Sometimes we get a chicken and split it Over a few days for dinner, other than that we have maybe stir fried veg or some other non-Pastay type meal for dinner. Will maybe have some dalliances on the weekend but generally my diet is very clean and well balanced in my opinion, I also suffer from no food intolerances and never have done.

I mean there is no physical difference for me between the week and the weekend atm being largely bed/housebound with my neurological symptoms but I suppose old habits :)

Learner1

Yes, it looks like you eat a lot of fast vs carbohydrates. Just wanted to check that that was the case.
I do eat a lot of olive oil a ha. It’s the main fat I eat actually - so amazing that can show up on a test
Our cell and mitochondrial membranes are made of fats. Typically, a variety of fats. Over using one particular fat can make a part of the membrane be more " pointy " which is not good, you want to have a nice distribution of the various fats so you have nice smooth healthy membranes. It might be helpful to cut back on the olive oil by maybe 20 to 25% and substitute another healthy fat like avocado oil, coconut oil, MCT oil, walnut oil, etc