Help upvote OMF today on Reddit for a free bitcoin donation (approx. $15,000) - already in the lead!

*GG*

The decision went against us unfortunately. I have contacted the donor to ask for more information.
Realize this is an old message, and things have turned out better. But the way I would have looked at it is, is that things did not go our way, not Against us :)

GG

Cheesus

Realize this is an old message, and things have turned out better. But the way I would have looked at it is, is that things did not go our way, not Against us :)

GG
I'd be interested to hear why you think that is an important distinction?

@Silencio Yup, 1 BTC, which is around $16.5k. No news on PineappleFund yet as far as I know. We are in good stead to do well there, though. I am cautiously optimistic.

Cheesus

@Cheesus I noticed they never listed OMF as their latest donation. It still says TBD in the #8 slot. I hope it’s just getting worked out! BTC is up near $19k so hopefully will be at a high level whenever OMF gets and sells their bitcoin.

Also, pineapple fund got written up:
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/article...anthropist-who-set-85-million-pineapple-fund/
He often makes new threads rather than updating old ones. You can see his donation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7k8pnj/im_donating_25_bitcoin_to_good_causes_this/

Slightly off topic, but it's related to the OMF, technology and healthcare.

I've been watching a lot of Chamath Palihapitiya videos recently. He is well-known in Silicon Valley and played a big part in the growth of Facebook. He now runs Social+Capital Partnership which invests in healthcare innovation.

I'm new to the whole ME research and funding ecosystem, so no idea if this has any merit. However, could Social+Capital help fund the innovations Ron Davies and his team are working on? I remember Ron talking about the multiple successful companies he started during his interview with Ben. Both Stanford Genome Technology Center and Social+Capital are based in Palo Alto which would make a collaboration far easier.

Just thought I put the idea out there, particularly for people who are involved with OMF like @Ben H

Here's a 30 minute interview with Chamath on healthcare innovation. EDIT: In his opening remarks he talks about successfully funding small sensors which monitor diabetes and heart conditions using Bluetooth. Am I right in thinking this is similar to the Nano needle?

If I, or anyone else for that matter, have any further thoughts then maybe a new thread can be started regarding this topic.

Last edited:
Amazing! Thank you so much for engineering this :)

I made a reddit account and upvoted when this thread was made, although now I see that maybe new accounts voting is not good reddit conduct. Anyway, thank you again for clearing it up with the donor!

I know the energy expense of doing this must have taken a toll; I’m inspired by your dedication to the fight for the cure! I’m doing a happy dance from my bed :)