• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help needed with understanding a result

So I lost my cobra insurance recently, and was printing out all my lab results that Aetna has just to have a record of them.

I found a test that was done that I was not sure of, and tried looking up information online. From what Im gathering, I have tested positive for Babesia, but Im not sure if thats accurate or not.

The test itself was Babesia Microti Ab.IGM and the result was 1.43. From what Im understanding, this test result should not be higher than 1.20.

Is this a positive result? And if it is, is there a reason my doctor did not inform me/treat me/test me for Lyme disease? Because I don't have insurance (and wont until January) I cant go running to the doctor to request a test be done, but obviously if what I am reading is true- I am very worried.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.