• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help interpreting my results (Enterovirus, HHV6, VCV, CMV)

ChookityPop

Test from university of Frankfurt.

Looks like my echovirus titers of 1:160 are a good indicator of chronic active infection?

"Antibody titers of 1:160 to 1:320 and higher in the ARUP tests are good indicators of chronic active infection, Dr Chia found.1"

I have 10 times the lab ref for HHV6. I dont know the ref range for my EBV tests yet and I have tested negative for EBV EA earlier.

"Prof Jose Montoya has his own criteria based on high HHV-6 IgG, but also simultaneously required high EBV VCA IgG and EBV EA IgG.1 2

Attachments

• 20CA06B3-97E9-4DD1-A7CB-29B746E6B8FA.jpeg
    20CA06B3-97E9-4DD1-A7CB-29B746E6B8FA.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 5189470B-A3FB-40F4-9151-61F80B4F106A.jpeg
    5189470B-A3FB-40F4-9151-61F80B4F106A.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 45
  • E499CE32-1DEC-4FCC-AA8A-C46529167D8A.jpeg
    E499CE32-1DEC-4FCC-AA8A-C46529167D8A.jpeg
    332.5 KB · Views: 43

Hip

Do you know the reference value for negative? Usually on the lab report, it will give you a reference figure, and if you are below that you are negative, and if above then you are positive.

ChookityPop

Do you know the reference value for negative? Usually on the lab report, it will give you a reference figure, and if you are below that you are negative, and if above then you are positive.
It doesn't say, I will have to contact them.

nerd

Your EBV IgG are very high. The reference ranges barely vary between different laboratories because most use the same standardized methods (ELISA in your case?).

You can assume the following references approximates.
EBV VCA IgG: < 7 for ELISA, < 20 for CLIA
EBV EBNA1 IgG: < 2.5 for ELISA, < 5 for CLIA

ChookityPop

Your EBV IgG are very high. The reference ranges barely vary between different laboratories because most use the same standardized methods (ELISA in your case?).

You can assume the following references approximates.
EBV VCA IgG: < 7 for ELISA, < 20 for CLIA
EBV EBNA1 IgG: < 2.5 for ELISA, < 5 for CLIA

Thanks!! the method used was CLIA. So that means I have 24.4 times higher ebv vca igg than the reference range. Does this point to possible chronic active infection since the titers are 16 times higher?

nerd

Does this point to possible chronic active infection since the titers are 16 times higher?

It's possible but not necessary. You could tell better if you wait some time and repeat the test to see if your titers increase or decline. Mine increased substantially over time.

ChookityPop

It's possible but not necessary. You could tell better if you wait some time and repeat the test to see if your titers increase or decline. Mine increased substantially over time.
Thats what I was thinking about, wish I knew my levels from the beginning. Will retest after a while.

Do you have a source or know the reference ranges for CMV IgG - CMIA and
VZV IgG - CLIA?