• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Helminthic Therapy anyone?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I just came back from seeing my NP and she asked if I had heard of Helminthic Therapy. When she told me what it was I said that had to be grosser than fecal transplants. She disagreed. She asked me to ask around here and was up for me trying it (ugh) She said they are using this for Autism and it is a great antiviral. It uses:

Our product, HDC (Hymenolepis diminuta cysticercoid), is the microscopic larva of a type of helminth: that is, a higher organism (animal life) which normally lives in people. Up until about 75 years ago, prior to modern food handling practices, HDC was common in our food supply as it grows in grain beetles, like the common mealy bug. It is still common in less developed countries today, where grains and other foods which are not highly processed and frequently eaten raw.

http://biomerestoration.com

Sorry I had originally misspelled this and didn't see earlier threads.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/helminths-me.33729/#post-522406

Last edited:

Santino

I started with HDC on 10 July. I started with 20 HDC. I am hypersensitive to many things. At the same time I injected 1000 micrograms of hydroxocobalamine and 5mg folic acid and I also used four leeches...

I had no side effects for 4-5 days but since then it triggered my rapid cycling bipolar symptoms very heavy for 5 days. But I have no idea if this is due to the HDC, b12-depot or leeches. The reaction came up immediately after using the leeches, but this maybe coincidence. This was 4-5 days after first intake of HDC. I took the second dose HDC 11 days later, again 20. And again 4 days after that a flare of all symptoms came up. I cannot say for sure which triggered my symptoms. I jsut pray to god that they soon calm down because it is horrible. The reason I think it is due to the HDC is, that the flares are triggered by foods especially and come along with a weird sensation in my belly. This sensation was also there in the first 12 h after intake of HDC.

The supplier told me, that at first it may enhance inflammatory response before it can have a calming effect on my immune systems.

My advice for you is:
join the facebook group helminthic therapy and ask there. The administrator is really competent and you can trust him that he says just what he knows from either experience or scientific literature.

I did much research myself and as helminths do NOT decrease immunity against pathogens, I would recommend it as a trial. But if you are hypersensitive like me, start out with 10 for maybe a months and up the dose later if you can tolerate. I regret it to have used 20 but you never know before. 20 is a moderate dose for adults. But because of my sensitivity it was stupid.

Maybe I have to break my experiment because of my flaring rapid cycling which is horrible and dangerous because of mixed states of depression with agitation...

HDC has helped many patients who suffer from anxiety, bipolar disorder or depression. Mostly those people wanted to help their allergies or other issues and noticed that effect!

Good luck!

cman89

I also am very curious about this. i thought about trying it a while ago, but now with some newfunky symptoms, I might be up for giving it another thought....

My friend has been on it for most of this year for Chrons, he reported good results... The Facebook group has a lot of resources and a community you can connect with.

adreno

PR activist
The human immune system evolved in the presence of these intestinal worms, known as helminths. Decades ago, human antibodies attacked the worms, keeping them at bay. But since the 1960s, when the Western world orchestrated a mass extinction of this worm population, those antibodies have sought a new target. For many, that's meant an overreaction to pollen and even their own bodies, Parker said.
Antibody deflection? I could use some of that.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-08-scientists-benefits-worms.html

cman89

I started with HDC on 10 July. I started with 20 HDC. I am hypersensitive to many things. At the same time I injected 1000 micrograms of hydroxocobalamine and 5mg folic acid and I also used four leeches...

I had no side effects for 4-5 days but since then it triggered my rapid cycling bipolar symptoms very heavy for 5 days. But I have no idea if this is due to the HDC, b12-depot or leeches. The reaction came up immediately after using the leeches, but this maybe coincidence. This was 4-5 days after first intake of HDC. I took the second dose HDC 11 days later, again 20. And again 4 days after that a flare of all symptoms came up. I cannot say for sure which triggered my symptoms. I jsut pray to god that they soon calm down because it is horrible. The reason I think it is due to the HDC is, that the flares are triggered by foods especially and come along with a weird sensation in my belly. This sensation was also there in the first 12 h after intake of HDC.

The supplier told me, that at first it may enhance inflammatory response before it can have a calming effect on my immune systems.

My advice for you is:
join the facebook group helminthic therapy and ask there. The administrator is really competent and you can trust him that he says just what he knows from either experience or scientific literature.

I did much research myself and as helminths do NOT decrease immunity against pathogens, I would recommend it as a trial. But if you are hypersensitive like me, start out with 10 for maybe a months and up the dose later if you can tolerate. I regret it to have used 20 but you never know before. 20 is a moderate dose for adults. But because of my sensitivity it was stupid.

Maybe I have to break my experiment because of my flaring rapid cycling which is horrible and dangerous because of mixed states of depression with agitation...

HDC has helped many patients who suffer from anxiety, bipolar disorder or depression. Mostly those people wanted to help their allergies or other issues and noticed that effect!

Good luck!
Whats the best source for info on this?