• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heavy reaction from liver

Last month i tried liver and had the most strange and severe reaction from a food. It was 100gr of beef liver. After eating the liver, slowly and steadily in a timeframe of 4-5 days the following symptoms crept in:
- Very high anxiety, never experienced it that severe
- Issues breathing
- Chest pain
- Sight issues
- Fatigue

It went away slowly after around a week after eating the beef liver.

Beef liver has high levels of B12, copper, and vitamin A. My first guess was B12 because of exitsting issues with methylation, but i tried very high doses of B12 before and hadn't that reaction. My next guess would be copper toxicitiy due to high copper, but my latest blood test showed that i had indeed low copper.

My latest guess is that it could be vitamin A. 100gr beef liver can have around 18.000 IU of vitamin A. But how can vitamin A responsible for anxiety? Maybe by reveing up the immune system? I do have lyme and chronic symptoms many years after the treatment.

Maybe someone has an idea what was going on. I will definitely not try beef liver again.

Davsey27

Have you checked your iron or ferritin levels?

Last month i tried liver and had the most strange and severe reaction from a food. It was 100gr of beef liver. After eating the liver, slowly and steadily in a timeframe of 4-5 days the following symptoms crept in:
- Very high anxiety, never experienced it that severe
- Issues breathing
- Chest pain
- Sight issues
- Fatigue

It went away slowly after around a week after eating the beef liver.

Beef liver has high levels of B12, copper, and vitamin A. My first guess was B12 because of exitsting issues with methylation, but i tried very high doses of B12 before and hadn't that reaction. My next guess would be copper toxicitiy due to high copper, but my latest blood test showed that i had indeed low copper.

My latest guess is that it could be vitamin A. 100gr beef liver can have around 18.000 IU of vitamin A. But how can vitamin A responsible for anxiety? Maybe by reveing up the immune system? I do have lyme and chronic symptoms many years after the treatment.

Maybe someone has an idea what was going on. I will definitely not try beef liver again.

Im not allergic to beef, i eat it all the time. But never with that kind of reaction.
Iron/Ferritin was checked last year, but they were all right.

Really strange..