• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Headache after TMG (Betain) ?!

Markus83

I started TMG (Betain) as additional supplements a few days ago. It's recommended by Charles Stratton as a supplement for fighting against chronic Chlamydia pneumoniae infection.

Now I get headaches shortly after ingestion. On the supplier bottle (LEF) is mentioned that it might cause headaches and if so, the dosage should be reduced or stopped. However, my short internet search did not bring up any further information.

Has someone made the same experience? What is the explaining about the cause of the headaches/the underlying mechanism? I'm asking myself if it is a kind of toxic reaction.

Pearshaped

Can't help you but was wondering also about the mechanism.

have also had a(very very) bad reaction to it.I'll never try it again.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm wondering if it could be die off if it is really killing the Chlamydia pneumoniae? Someone was talking about getting migraines on another thread when they took Oxymatrine and I wondered the same thing. When I'm toxic and get a migraine from it, supporting my liver with supplements like Artichoke and Milk Thistle seems to help.

Edit: The other thing is how is your mood after you take it? TMG makes both me and my mother very tense after we take it. Could tension be creating your headache? Oddly, DMG makes us both very calm. If your mood resulting from what it is doing is causing the headache you could try DMG instead although I don't know if it works on the Chlamydia pneumoniae the same way.

Last edited:

Markus83

Could tension be creating your headache?
Maybe. Perhaps interesting for you: The supplement package mentions increased muscle tension as possible side effect in addition to headaches. I can bear the headaches, that's not the problem. The question is if this is a sign to better stop the supplementation because of some underlying toxic effect or s.th. like that.

you could try DMG instead although I don't know if it works on the Chlamydia pneumoniae the same way.
Actually I should have used DMG but buyed the TMG accidentally. But both should work according to Stratton because TMG gets metabolized to DMG.